"Known" by Dick and Ruth Foth is a very helpful read on a great challenge in today's digital age - forming deep friendships. Around 200 pages, the book addresses such topics as:
1. Asking people where they are from instead of what they do in starting a good conversation.
2. Sharing parts of your life with others so they come to know you better.
3. Giving affirmation to others.
4. 5 options to choose from in a conflict situation.
5. Going beyond saying good things to someone to actually doing something for them.
6. Finding other people you can share dreams with.
7, Intentionally making time to spend with others.
The title is very readable, is full of helpful suggestions, and includes stories and experiences of a couple who have spent many years making friends in different settings around the world. A good read and challenge to put down your phone and spend more time in personal interaction with others.
I was given a review copy by Blogging For Books in exchange for a fair review.