"Power In The Pulpit" is a great title for the preacher or even teacher who wants to communicate a powerful message based on the Bible. Over 400 pages, the book addresses such topics as:
1. Definition of expository preaching and why expository preaching is overall a better method (as opposed to other approaches - topical, narrative, etc.) of preaching out of the Bible.
2. The life of the preacher and suggestions for taking care of one's self (sleep, exercise, diet, etc.).
3. Suggestions for studying a biblical text for a message.
4. Organizing your notes into a sermon outline.
5. Different preaching styles.
6. Oral exercises and other suggestions for preparing for the message.
7. Effective sermon delivery styles.
This will definitely be an very helpful future reference for preparing for future messages. Any preacher or teacher will greatly benefit from this read. I was given a review copy by Moody Publishers in exchange for a fair review.