"The God Guarantee" is a great title for anyone who wants to live with an abundance mentality (not the prosperity theology you see today) where God has ample resources not only to take of us but to also work through us to meet other people's needs. Around 200 pages, the book addresses such topics as:
1. God will care and provide for us as we take faithful risks.
2. God wants to talk to us about the opportunities before us.
3. Our dependence on God grows in times of need.
4. Don't be afraid to seek out the uncomfortable places of serving others.
5. The importance of living in community.
6. Provision only comes from God.
7. Walking in the tried and true path of safety can lead to stagnation.
8. What consecration involves.
A very readable book that smoothly transitions from point to point. Good balance of the author's personal experiences coupled with appropriate Bible characters, verses, and stories. I was given a review copy by Baker Books in exchange for a fair review.