"The Holy Land For Christian Travelers" is a great read for anyone wanting to travel to or learn more about the Holy Land. The book centers around 3 different tours:
- Jerusalem (3 days)
- Jerusalem and Judea (5 days)
- Throughout Israel (12 days)
Each tour contains suggested itineraries, cost (if any), what to wear, location, what are the must see sites, and other pertinent information.
There is a lot to like about this book:
- Very readable - excellent writing style that grabs the reader's interest.
- Many colorful maps helps the reader see where sites are located.
- Helpful charts of various topics.
- Description of the different geographic areas (Coastal Plains, Central Mountains, Jordon Rift Valley, Transjordan Plateau) - such info as: climate, ease of travel, elevation, etc.
- Description of historical periods leading up to today.
- Biblical importance (Old and New Testament) of the mentioned sites.
- Book is good size (not too small print and not too big to carry around).
If I am able to visit the Holy Land someday, this book will definitely go with me! In the meantime, I will often use this as a reference for discipleship classes or sermons to help attendees better understand biblical sites. Will also refer to the title to prepare me for a trip someday to the Holy Land, Lord willing.
Highly recommended title. I was given a review copy by Baker Books in exchange for a fair review.