"The Listening Life" by Adam McHugh is a great title for anyone wanting to improve the fine art (and don't we all) of listening better to God, others, and paying attention to life around us. About 215 pages, the book transitions smoothly from chapter to chapter and a few of the topics covered include:
1. To imitate Jesus and become a servant, we must learn to listen.
2. 4 reasons why listening is difficult.
3. How modern technology has affected our listening.
4. 3 filters for testing the authenticity of what we have heard.
5. We may not hear from God because our lives are either too busy or too quiet.
A great read and helpful future reference. I was given a copy by IVP Press in exchange for a fair review.