"Worn Out By Obedience" by Ron Moore is a great read for anyone weary from life - serving working, expectations, physical, etc. Around 200 pages, the book uses the biblical story of David fleeing from Saul and going into Ziklag. The title addresses such topics as:
1. Churches are filled with worn out servants - staff and laypeople.
2. God's grace shows up in unexpected ways.
3. True refreshment is found only in God.
4. Effects of external and internal expectations.
5. Churches, if not careful, can produce busy people with empty lives.
6. Whenever God calls us to do something, He gives us the strength to do it.
7. When it feels like God is wearing you down, He is actually building you up for what He has in store for you tomorrow.
8. The danger of self-counsel (as opposed to seeking God's counsel) & 2 things we can do to avoid it.
Very readable, the title contains several helpful points from a pastor who has experienced many of the same issues addressed in the book. Will be a very helpful future reference. I was given a review copy by Moody Publishers in exchange for a fair review.